Re: Fwd: Call for Comment: 'Privacy Considerations for Internet Protocols'

From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@abenaki.wabanaki.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 15:35:18 -0800
To: public-privacy@w3.org
> I was wondering whether this group could do a review of the privacy considerations document.

Hannes,

I've been thinking about this. It seems to be SIGINT framed, that is,
on covert intercept, between data and metadata shared endpoints,
rather than on data protection exercised by date originators and data
collectors which only partially share data and metadata.

I'll think about it some more but it seems difficult to reconcile with
P3P, and I intend to write to one of the authors concerning the
absence of what I think of as a EU DP co-framing of the problem domain.

Eric