Re: [saag] Liking Linkability

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 06:59:50 -0400
To: Ben Laurie <benl@google.com>
CC: nathan@webr3.org, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>, Ben Laurie <ben@links.org>, "public-philoweb@w3.org" <public-philoweb@w3.org>, "public-identity@w3.org" <public-identity@w3.org>, "public-privacy@w3.org" <public-privacy@w3.org>, Sam Hartman <hartmans-ietf@mit.edu>, "public-webid@w3.org" <public-webid@w3.org>, "saag@ietf.org" <saag@ietf.org>, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
On 10/22/12 5:54 AM, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Where we came in was me pointing out that if you disconnect your
> identities by using multiple WebIDs, then you have a UI problem, and
> since then the aim seems to have been to persuade us that multiple
> WebIDs are not needed.
Multiple WebIDs (or any other cryptographically verifiable identifier)
are a must.

The issue of UI is inherently subjective. It can't be used to
objectively  validate or invalidate Web-scale verifiable identifier
systems such as  WebID or any other mechanism aimed at achieving the
same goals.

Anyway, Henry, I,  and a few others from the WebID IG (hopefully) are
going to knock up some demonstrations to show how this perceived UI/UX
inconvenience can be addressed.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen