RE: Understanding Terms and Services

From: Chappelle, Kasey, VF-Group <Kasey.Chappelle@vodafone.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 17:34:57 +0100
To: "Karl Dubost" <karld@opera.com>
Believe me, we've struggled with how to explain analytics and aggregates to the layperson.

Aggregated analytical data: 10,000 of our users visit our site every day. Of those 10,000 users, 4800 are male and 5200 are female. We think, based on rough IP to geolocation mapping, that 5% of our visitors come from postal code N1, and that postal code has an average household income of £50,000. You're one of our visitors, but we don't tell anyone that. Are you personally impacted in some way if I sell this data to another company?