Re: W3C Workshop Agreement?

I agree, for example, there seems to be a few steps that are missing
before even a policy language can be appropriately considered.  For
instance a basic standard for physical notices to be built upon may
greatly help the effort.  A common location, a common process, and a
designated standards body for standardising a format for notices I
think would be a good baby step in the right direction.  Perhaps if
this type of format was extensible a notice format could be built and
used as a template which could then be used for privacy policies,
which I understand to be just a specific type of notice.

  I would imagine that dealing with the fundamentals first would make
notices much more accessible on many levels.

- Mark