XSLT help wanted [Was: FOPRunXSLTExt for Antenna House]

On Mon, December 16, 2013 11:05 am, Tony Graham wrote:
> So we now have an AHF extension function, but: the function signature is
> different since it was easy (eventually) to return a document node; the
> AHF extension function uses Saxon 9.5 because I upgraded during my quest
> to get it to work; and the AHF-extension stylesheet has improved logic for
> working out when to stop iterating compared to the FOP-extension one.
>
> I'm not a fan of duplicating code between stylesheets unless I really have
> to.  Example 5 still doesn't use much from the area tree so I kept the FOP
> area tree lookups in the AHF-extension stylesheet and munge the AHF
> lengths to look like FOP millipoints, so the stylesheet should work with
> either a AHF or a FOP area tree.  The next step is to add a stylesheet
> parameter specifying the FO processor to use and make a stylesheet that
> works with either by choosing the right extension function.  After that,
> we can do the same for the other examples' stylesheets.

Is there someone who can pick this up and run with it?

Arved, when he wrote the first stylesheet for this, described himself as
rusty at XSLT, but we've carried on with his stylesheets since that wasn't
the focus.

Ideally, or so it seems to me right now, we'd have one, common XSLT module
that has the one function/named-template for getting the area tree, where
the function/named-template uses system-property() [1] to work out which
XSLT processor is running the stylesheet and, I think, a stylesheet
parameter to specify which XSL-FO formatter is in use (though with Java
XSLT processors, at least, it may be possible to set a system property
identifying the XSL-FO formatter in use).

The current examples would then need to be rewritten to use the external
module with the function/named-template.

Who can take this on?

Regards,

Tony.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#system-property