Re: Open letter to vendors?

On Mon, February 10, 2014 3:53 pm, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> On 10.2.2014 0:39, Tony Graham wrote:
>> There are some people from vendor companies on the CG, but we don't hear
>> much from them, and we hear nothing from other vendors.
>>
>> Is there any downside to writing an open email to the contact addresses
>> of
>> as many vendors as we can find asking them if they have a position on
>> the
>> further standardisation of XSL-FO?
>
> I think this is a very good idea. They should either take more active
> role in standardization or disclose that they don't seem to have any
> belief and strategy for future.

Sent [1], as you will have seen.  Hopefully we'll get some responses
rather than be ignored (which, if it did happen, would be telling anyway).

My position on this is the same as it was in December [2].

Regards,

Tony.

Mentea       XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ppl/2014Feb/0016.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ppl/2013Dec/0033.html