Re: Customer requirement, a critque

From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 12:32:09 +0000
To: xsl-fo Community Group <public-ppl@w3.org>
On 25 February 2013 06:32, Patrick Gundlach <gundlach@speedata.de> wrote:

> I'd be very interested in seeing a theoretical model how for example requirement 4,5 or 6 will be typeset with (a future version of) XSL-FO. How do you get renderer feedback?

That (was) the subject of this thread? copyfitting? How to allow the declarative
xsl-fo specification to interact with the formatter to achieve what is wanted in
the formatted output. And yes, we are talking version 2+

> (additional note:)
> And by my exaggerated comment that XSL-FO is a dead end, I just want to point out that the computational model (= no renderer feedback)

Which is (one reason) why I am here. To ask what is needed to enable
formatter feedback to be utilised by the xsl-fo.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.