Re: Workflow - on the wiki

On 20 March 2012 14:12, Tony Graham <tgraham@mentea.net> wrote:

>> No editor / validation scenario would support this Tony?
>>   Hence I regard that as out of scope.
>
> Then we have to agree to disagree.  Other people will have to chime in
> here since we're unlikely to change each other's opinion.

1.

>>> That would depend on which 'we' we be.  From the XSL 2.0 requirements,
>>> Section 11.6, "Compatibility" [2]:
>>
>> I don't see that as binding any longer? Do you?
>
> I see backwards compatibility as hugely important for any software or file
> format,

How far do you want to go back?

>> I think this thread is leading to higher level issues, e.g.
>> backwards compatibility, binding of W3C requirements etc?
>> Before moving to details, perhaps we could address those?
>
> I don't see it that way: yes, there can be reasons for breaking backwards
> compatibility, but, no, I don't see diving into a RELAX NG schema as
> sufficient reason.

I do, we have too many fundamental disagreements here Tony?

>> My view again (I can offer no other). As I think you are aware, I and
>> others
>> believe this to be silly and not a help at all. It certainly doesn't make
>> 'things easier' for an author.
>>
>> I would support a relax NG schema which any processor may support
>> some/all. That would help authors through the miriad of options
>> that the above para makes feasible.
>
> The (non-normative) XSD for XSLT 2.0 [1] models an XPath 2.0 expression as:

Stop sidestepping <grin/>
What about for that heap of ... that is the color definition?

I'll close this thread from me now.
If you want to open one on backwards compatibility
or Schema support
or simplification
I'll come back.

regards