Re: Workflow - on the wiki

On 20/03/2012 07:19, Dave Pawson wrote:
> IMHO having a complete schema to validate (even within a syntax
> directed editor) would make things much easier?

Dave, I'm not sure what you are pushing for here. As Tony commented you
could compare this to XSLT (not surprisingly given their shared
background) In XSLT you could get rid of structured XPath attributes (as
they can't be validated using pure xml schema languages) and end up with
something like XQueryX instead where everything is exposed at the XML
element level. But why?

Making a future XSL-FO incompatible with CSS or with current XSL-FO
would be a big step into the unknown, and it might be walking off a cliff.

David