Re: Is the group about "Print and Page Layout" or about XSL-FO ?

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 8:05 PM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 March 2012 19:00, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I thing that trying to ignore the work done by CSS is a huge mistake
>
> I don't think we are making that mistake at all.

Good !

> > So finding the good fit of each of the different attempt to solve the
> Print
> > and Page Layout is a good start and seems the natural fit for a Community
> > Group in order to find the "next step"
>
> To my knowledge no one has tried to meld the work of the two groups.
> We have found areas of fit, and others that simply don't fit.
>
> The obvious one is the place that XSLT has as part of an XSL-FO workflow?
> That seems not to fit with CSS IMHO?
>
> Generate a toc, index etc. Not good fit?
>
> How to handle that sort of mismatch?

Why do you see it as a mismatch instead of a added value to XSL-FO ?

Who said that only one should survive ?

We have DTD, Relax NG and XML Schema and each of them has useful fit

I don't believe in One Size Fits All

Mohamed

--
Innovimax SARL