Re: [Fwd: About include/excludeiripattern]

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 11:55:06 +0100
To: "Phil Archer" <phil@philarcher.org>
Cc: "Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com>, "Arthur Barstow" <art.barstow@nokia.com>, "Public POWDER" <public-powderwg@w3.org>

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 10:32:13 +0100, Phil Archer <phil@philarcher.org>
wrote:
> A long, long time ago [1], the POWDER WG had an exchange with Art
> concerning WAF Access Control. The end result was that we incorporated
> direct support for the same syntax in POWDER grouping [2], i.e.
>
> access-item    ::= (scheme "://")? domain-pattern (":" port)? | "*"
> domain-pattern ::= domain | "*." domain
>
> But, an eagle-eyed member of the group has spotted that the current
> draft (to which we refer) does not support this any more [3].
>
> Do we take it that this syntax is no longer supported by your WG?
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-powderwg/2007Jul/0004.html
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-powder-grouping-20081114/#wild
> [3] http://www.w3.org/TR/access-control/#syntax

My apologies for not notifying your WG, I forgot there was a dependency.
After thinking through the use cases we are designing for, we decided upon
a much simpler model. I realize this new model not work well for you and
hope you can find something that does (maybe by simply copying our old
syntax).

Kind regards,

--
Anne van Kesteren