XML Core comment on POWDER

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:42:15 -0400
To: <public-powderwg@w3.org>
The XML Core WG has reviewed section 2.1.3 of the POWDER spec at
http://www.w3.org/2007/powder/Group/powder-grouping/20090309.html#canon
and has no issues that concern us there.

However, one of the canonicalization rules of the algorithm says
"+ characters in the query string are converted to spaces".  This
rule transforms a valid IRI into an invalid one, as valid IRIs may
not contain spaces.

We understand [1] that this issue may already be addressed in
the next draft, but we wanted to register this comment for
completeness.

paul

Paul Grosso for the XML Core WG
public-xml-core-wg@w3.org