XML Core comment on POWDER

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:42:15 -0400
To: <public-powderwg@w3.org>
The XML Core WG has reviewed section 2.1.3 of the POWDER spec at
and has no issues that concern us there.

However, one of the canonicalization rules of the algorithm says
"+ characters in the query string are converted to spaces".  This
rule transforms a valid IRI into an invalid one, as valid IRIs may
not contain spaces.

We understand [1] that this issue may already be addressed in
the next draft, but we wanted to register this comment for

Paul Grosso for the XML Core WG

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-powderwg/2009Apr/0005