RE: Comments on Nov-14 WD for ITS IG

From: Yves Savourel <yves@opentag.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 08:21:27 -0700
To: "'Phil Archer'" <phil@philarcher.org>, "'Yves Savourel'" <ysavourel@translate.com>
Cc: <public-powderwg@w3.org>, <public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org>

Hi Phil,

> OK, now I'm being a little lazy - because I'm trying to
> expedite this ASAP and I admit to only having seen the
> ITS doc for the first time this afternoon. You've kindly
> sent us an ITS rules file - is the idea that every POWDER
> doc should link to this? Or at least, every POWDER doc
> that includes localised tags? Or should we embed the
> rules in the schema?

The idea is that the rules document is available to whoever needs to localize or preform some linguistic-related tasks on the
document.

It is certainly not necessary to have the rules in every document instance.
Including them in the schema could be a good way to make sure it's readily accessible.
Or it could be a separate document (with a link to it in the spec). From the view point of the ITS processor it doesn't really
matter.

-yves