Reg ex error for in/excludeiripattern (formal doc)

From: Phil Archer <phil@philarcher.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:47:58 +0000
To: Public POWDER <public-powderwg@w3.org>

Working through the implementation feature list I've detected an error
in one of the regexes (annoying since I could have sworn I've tested all
those to destruction already. Ah well, you can never test things too much).

Just above example 4-3 in the Formal Doc [1] the asterisk just before $1
in this line:

Else if h matches the regular expression ^\*\.(.*) then let h be
([^\:\/\?\#\@]+\.)*$1 where $1 refers to ^\*\.(.*)

Should be a +.

This is because the IRI pattern *.example.com is meant to match all
subdomains of example.com but not example.com itself. In other words you
must have at least one ([^\:\/\?\#\@]+\.) before the .example.com -
which is what + does (* matches even if there's no subdomain).

Phil.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-powder-formal-20081114/#eg4-3

--
Phil Archer