navteq example

note that I'm splitting up the questions to change subject lines
---
Raj
The OGC: Making location count...
http://www.opengeospatial.org/contact

On Oct 3, at 10:18 PM, Rob Manson wrote:

> It would be good to add a term="open" or similar to that <time>
> otherwise there's no real meaning to it.  Also, because <time> in the
> UML Data Model diagram is defined as POISimpleType it can then also
> support start/end...which seems a bit circular 8/  Maybe <time> should
> just be a POIStructuredNameType.

<time> isn't core. Let's not discuss it now. I shouldn't have played around with it at this point in time. It had been removed from the AbstractPOI type but I forgot to upload the latest version. It's correct now on:
http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/wiki/Data_Model

> We don't seem to have any mechanism for people to add arbitrary tags
> like the SupplierID=3.  I think not allowing this is a real limitation.

Tracking who the POI came from fits our concept of author, so we could handle this basic example of provenance metadata like this:
<poi>
   <author id="3" href="http://www.example.com/pois/authors/3">
      <value>My Favorite Supplier</value>
      <rights href="http://www.cc.com/rights/3.3/attbyrel" />