From: public-poiwg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-poiwg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Raj Singh
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 9:38 AM
To: roBman@mob-labs.com
Cc: public-poiwg@w3.org
Subject: navteq example

note that I'm splitting up the questions to change subject lines
---
Raj
The OGC: Making location count...
http://www.opengeospatial.org/contact

On Oct 3, at 10:18 PM, Rob Manson wrote:

> It would be good to add a term="open" or similar to that <time>
> otherwise there's no real meaning to it.  Also, because <time> in the
> UML Data Model diagram is defined as POISimpleType it can then also
> support start/end...which seems a bit circular 8/  Maybe <time> should
> just be a POIStructuredNameType.

<time> isn't core. Let's not discuss it now. I shouldn't have played around with it at this point in time. It had been removed from the AbstractPOI type but I forgot to upload the latest version. It's correct now on:
http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/wiki/Data_Model

> We don't seem to have any mechanism for people to add arbitrary tags
> like the SupplierID=3.  I think not allowing this is a real limitation.

Tracking who the POI came from fits our concept of author, so we could handle this basic example of provenance metadata like this:
<poi>
   <author id="3" href="http://www.example.com/pois/authors/3">
      <value>My Favorite Supplier</value>
      <rights href="http://www.cc.com/rights/3.3/attbyrel" />
   </author>
</poi>

The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it from your computer or paper files.