Is Location Critical to a POI

From: Andy Braun <ajbraun@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:03:45 -0500
To: "Public POI @ W3C" <public-poiwg@w3.org>
I hope all are following the work on the POI wiki, in particular the Core
Draft ( http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/wiki/Core/Draft )

Clearly location is a critical and identifying piece of most POIs, however
there has been discussion around AR related POIs that not tied to a
particular location.

One such example is that of a person. A common discussed use case is to use
augmented reality to attach a person likes or dislike to their physical
being rather than just an online profile.  A person can easily be
represented by the existing spec with the exception that a person's location
is transient (certainly more so then a building). I would ask for feedback
from the larger group on how important it is that a POI is tightly tied to a
location as I think this is an important AR POI use case to consider.

Andy