Re: ACTION-149: Move the pe spec to github (with jacob and rick)

On 07/04/2015 21:46, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> I tend to like the way some repos only use a gh-pages branch and no
> master branch. However, I don't know if that's a common practice nor if
> it's considered a bit `anti-social` for contributors (f.ex. to have no
> `master` for PRs).

I favor that for my own stuff, mainly because it lowers the threshold
for people to view the content (not having to fork, clone, or go through
some third-party service like rawgit).

AFAIK, not having a master only has negative technical effects if you
try to integrate other automated tools, npm, or similar which expect a
master.

Alternatively, if you can make some post-commit hook that automagically
grabs the latest master and updates a separate gh-pages branch, all the
better.

Regardless, I'd say master/gh-pages should always be the most up-to-date
(editor's draft if you will) and any stable versions as separate branch
(so we'd have "version 1.0", "version 1.0 - 24 feb 2015" or whatever
other nomenclature works best with the current version, and work
continues on master/gh)

IMHO anyway, and sorry if stating the obvious.

Patrick H. Lauke