W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-pointer-events@w3.org > October to December 2014

Draft Minutes: 2014 December 2 call

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 11:46:21 -0500
Message-ID: <547DECDD.5050801@gmail.com>
To: "public-pointer-events@w3.org" <public-pointer-events@w3.org>
The draft minutes from the December 2 voice conference are available at 
the following and copied below:

<http://www.w3.org/2014/12/02-pointerevents-minutes.html>

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send 
them to the public-pointer-events mail list before December 9. In the 
absence of any changes, these minutes will be considered approved.

-Thanks, ArtB

W3C <http://www.w3.org/>


  - DRAFT -


  Pointer Events Working Group Voice Conference


    02 Dec 2014

Agenda 
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pointer-events/2014OctDec/0087.html>

See also:IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/02-pointerevents-irc>


    Attendees

Present
    Art_Barstow, Matt_Brubeck, Scott_Gonzαlez, Doug_Schepers,
    Asir_Vedamuthu, Jacob_Rossi, Philippe_LeHegaret
Regrets
    Rick_Byers, Patrick_Lauke, Sangwhan_Moon, Olli_Pettay
Chair
    ArtB
Scribe
    ArtB


    Contents

  * Topics <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/02-pointerevents-minutes.html#agenda>
     1. Tweak and agree on agenda
        <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/02-pointerevents-minutes.html#item01>
     2. Testing and implementation report status
        <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/02-pointerevents-minutes.html#item02>
     3. LCWD Comment Processing
        <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/02-pointerevents-minutes.html#item03>
     4. Github sync issue
        <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/02-pointerevents-minutes.html#item04>
     5. Pointer Events Normative References
        <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/02-pointerevents-minutes.html#item05>
     6. AoB <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/02-pointerevents-minutes.html#item06>
  * Summary of Action Items
    <http://www.w3.org/2014/12/02-pointerevents-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

------------------------------------------------------------------------

<scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

<scribe> Scribe: ArtB


      Tweak and agree on agenda

AB:I posted a draft agenda 
yesterdayhttp://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pointer-events/2014OctDec/0087.html.Any 
change requests?

[ None ]


      Testing and implementation report status

AB:I would like to get the status of the testing and Implementation Report

AV:the test suite is up to date

… includes all the findings from last 2 weeks

… something in the test infra is not in sync

AB:is the sync problem the one you mentioned to PLH?

AV:yes; we need an update from GH to w3c-test.org

… my conclusion is it is still out of date

… so this means we need to use the GH version during the testing

AB:so you have done the testing using GH version?

AV:yes

… Matt will file report for Mozilla

… Jacob will file report for IE

AB:thanks for the update
... eventually, the Implementation Report will be 
inhttps://github.com/w3c/test-results/tree/gh-pages/pointerevents

… after Matt and Jacob upload their data, me or Doug or PLH can then 
generate the reports

… can you Doug please ask PLH about an ETA for the sync fix

DS:will do

AB:my recommendation is for Matt and Jacob to upload their data now

… Jacob, Matt, can you do that?

MB:yes; we found a few bugs and fixed them; we are doing our last round 
of testing now

… and if all goes well, I can upload our results tomorrow

JR:I think we can submit IE data now

… we ran our tests on IE fork of w-p-t

… but that should now be identical to w3c-test.org

… so we are good to go

AB:can you upload the results today Jacob?

JR:yes

AB:anything else on testing?

… thanks very much Asir, Jacob and Matt!

… I really appreciate your work, especially knowing there are a ton of 
manual tests!


      LCWD Comment Processing

AB:currently, the only LC commenter is Josh Soref and he submitted 42 
commentshttp://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pointer-events/2014OctDec/0076.html.
... yesterday, I checked in changes for 26 of his comments, all 
editorialhttp://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pointer-events/2014OctDec/0089.html.
... Jacob agreed to reply to the other 16 comments and my expectation is 
he will act on those today.

JR:yes, that's right

… a few we might we want to talk about

… #12, is about uniqueness of the pointerID

… think this is mostly clear but Josh mentions some scenarios

… will add something like "… in the document …" to address this

… the current impls work that way

… #31 "what happens if …"

… asking for guidance

… similar to MQs and hover

… I intend to add a Note

… will look at MQs for text to borrow or create my own text

<plh> oki

AB:any other comments that are work discussing

DS:I think most of Josh's comments were editorial in nature and I agree 
with Jacob's proposed way of handling them

AB:anyone else

[ None ]

AB:will you reply to Josh today?

JR:yes; I'll commit changes today

… just need to do the push

AB:re comment tracking, I propose just creating a Wiki document and if 
that's agreeable, I'll take the lead to create it and maintain it.

… I'm also happy to defer to any way you recommend

JR:a wiki is fine

… what about revision history for these comments?

AB:just one list item for Josh's comments is OK


      Github sync issue

PLH:do you check Asir?

AV:I have no way of checking except to run a test

… no timestamp, for instance

PLH:I was told it was fixed late yesterday evening

… if there are any probs, let me know

… I think you are OK now

AV:ok; thanks Philippe!

PLH:I can double-check if needed

AV:thanks; all clear now


      Pointer Events Normative References

AB:I sent 
outhttp://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pointer-events/2014OctDec/0092.htmltoday

PLH:so D3E and DOM4

… I recall discussing this before

… and I think we are OK

JR:yes

PLH:MouseEvents and MouseEventInit are in D3E

… for Director, can say MouseEvents are in D3E but they were defined in 
D2Events

… re the constructor, we need a test

JR:yes, we have that test in the test suite

… IE and FF both pass it

PLH:in that case, you are fine

<jrossi>https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/blob/master/pointerevents/pointerevent_constructor.html

AB:sounds like we are in OK shape for the refs

PLH:yes, should be OK

<jrossi> run it 
here:http://w3c-test.org/pointerevents/pointerevent_constructor.html

<plh>http://w3c.github.io/beacon/#terminology


      AoB

AB:any other topics for today?
... Patrick suggested we take up Touch Events at some meeting.

… that's fine with me but getting PE to REC is the highest priority at 
the moment

PLH:have you looked at WebDriver API?

JR:yes; coordinating with John Jansen

… we submitted some comments

… hope to get those done in v2

AB:meeting adjourned


    Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Received on Tuesday, 2 December 2014 16:46:53 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:20:27 UTC