Re: Touch-action to SVG elements

On 3/26/14 6:58 PM, ext Jacob Rossi wrote:

> I don’t have a problem removing the sentence. As you said, I don’t
> really think it makes a difference whether the sentence exists or
> not—the decision to or not to expand it to other elements would be
> made on its own merits at that point in time (not on whether the
> previous spec allowed or disallowed it).

I did a quick investigation to try to understand why that note was added
to the spec ...

The changeset that added the Note is from April 18 2013 [CS] (after LC#1
and before CR#1). The change is based on a resolution made during the
April 9 call [Mins] to address one of the comments Boris made [BZ].

I agree with the proposal to remove the sentence. However, I think it
would be good to ask Boris to review the normative changes (i.e "Applies
to: ...") as well as the Note.

-Thanks, AB

[CS] <https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/pointerevents/rev/1fca9785e96f>
[BZ]