Re: Impact of pointer capture on pointerover/pointerout events

From: Rick Byers <rbyers@google.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 22:42:36 -0400
To: Scott González <scott.gonzalez@gmail.com>, Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-pointer-events@w3.org" <public-pointer-events@w3.org>
Reviving this old thread - I don't think we ever talked about it on a call
(I was away for the following call and it looks like we never re-scheduled
discussing of it).

The Microsoft test submission says it expects to receive a pointerover
event in exactly this scenario (
https://github.com/InternetExplorer/web-platform-tests/blob/ddffbdc5edd63c972b9ee42df1f161fc17778125/pointerevents/capture.html#L16),
but it's not actually validating that it happens and IE11 appears not to do
it.

I think we need some clarity on what the spec intends here.  Is IE11's
behavior correct?

Thanks,
   Rick