Question about W3C Rule Interchange Format

From: Casassa Mont, Marco <marco_casassa-mont@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 08:07:42 +0000
To: "public-pling@w3.org" <public-pling@w3.org>
Hi.

I recently came across the "W3C Rule Interchange Format" initiative (http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/charter): I think it could be of some relevance to this PLING IG and related discussions (in particular about the portability and transaltion of rules/policies across heterogeneous policy management systems).

However, I have a few practical questions:

1) What is the current applicability of this standard in the policy domain? Any example, real-world case-study, etc.?

2) Has this standard already been taken onboard by any vendor/solution?

Your input/view would really be appreciated.

Best regards,

Marco

________________________________

[http://www.hp.ca/corporate/signature/hp_logo.gif]<http://www.hp.ca/>
        Marco Casassa Mont
Senior Researcher
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories

Phone: +44 117 3128794      FAX: +44 1173129250
Email: marco.casassa-mont@hp.com<mailto:marco.casassa-mont@hp.com>

External Web Page: http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/mcm/
Blog: http://www.communities.hp.com/online/blogs/mcm/<http://h20325.www2.hp.com/blogs/mcm>

'All points of view are my own and not necessarily HP's as well'

Hewlett-Packard Limited registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell,
Berks RG12 1HN Registered No: 690597 England

The contents of this message and any attachments to it are
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this
message in error, you should delete it from your system immediately
and advise the sender.

To any recipient of this message within HP, unless otherwise stated
you should consider this message and attachments as "HP
CONFIDENTIAL".

hp_logo.gif
(image/gif attachment: hp_logo.gif)