Re: ARIA 1.1: Deprecate @aria-grabbed and @aria-dropeffect

You can probably use a live regions to announce the interaction. Or in some cases, @aria-selected and a simple <button> for each "action target" may be sufficient.

> I don't understand what you mean by "mark of action" and "confirm action".

Typo: "mark for action"

This is just equivalent to selecting or "grabbing"... Once something is marked, the drop targets are really just buttons that act on the selected element.

> How would I code a sortable Listbox widget for non-sighted AT users in such a way that I can provide simple sortability, even if I do include mouse draggability?

For example, the equivalent of dragging a mail message to the trash could be accomplished a number of ways.

Step 1. Mark it. Either with a checkbox on the item (like Yahoo Mail does) or by using @aria-selected.
Step 2: When one or more messages is selected, the action buttons such as Delete act on it.

In your listbox case, selecting an element would mark it as movable, then arrow keys would sort it a position at a time. Refocusing the new position may provide sufficient announcement, or you could augment it with a live region.

James