Re: HTML Text Alternatives document question

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 1:32 PM, jason@accessibleculture.org <
jason@accessibleculture.org> wrote:

> Inclusion in the glossary makes sense, but what definition would you use?
> The full, technical definition [7] is quite long. If a shorter, less
> complete definition is used, a link from the glossary entry to the full
> WCAG definition would still be in order, I think.

Makes sense.

On an unrelated question, why is there ongoing work in an editor’s draft of
> the note instead of in the editor’s draft of the HTML5.1 spec? If the alt
> attribute guidelines in the HTML5.1 spec already include earlier content
> from the working group note, I would expect to find the latest alt
> techniques in the latest editor’s draft of the HTML5.1 spec, especially
> since the latest published version of the alt techniques note [8] does not
> link to an editor’s draft, states that it is no longer being developed, and
> that it has been moved to the HTML5.1 spec.

Right.  This document is being developed by the HTML A11Y task force
basically as holding place for a cohesive set of changes that will be
proposed for the HTML 5.1 document.  We today requested that people review
the document.  It is at http://w3c.github.io/alt-techniques/ - feel free to
submit comments as issues against it's github repo.  Thanks!

--
Shane McCarron