Re: Issue-742: Proposal aria-destination

On 2015-10-16 12:44 PM, Alexander Surkov wrote:
> I see. Perhaps the semantic bit here is link type (aka normal link or
> definition link) rather than link target. So I would go with new role
> for this example.
Exactly.  The semantic is the type of link.  Are you suggesting
something like:

- role="link" for normal links,
- role="deflink" for definition links,
- role="bibliolink"for links into the bibliography,
- and so on?

That's similar to dpub's suggestions (from
http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/aria/dpub.html#role_definitions):

doc-biblioref: A reference to a bibliography entry.
doc-glossref: A reference to a glossary definition
doc-location: A link that allows the user to jump to a related location
in the content (e.g., from a footnote to its reference, from an index
entry to where the topic is discussed, or from a glossary definition to
where the term is used).
doc-noteref: A reference to a footnote, typically appearing as a
superscripted number or symbol in the main body of text.

To summarize, the possibilities are:
- add more role values that specify the type of link, or
- use @aria-destination in conjunction with role="link" to qualify the
type of link, or
- use @rel to so qualify.

--
;;;;joseph.

'Array(16).join("wat" - 1) + " Batman!"'
            - G. Bernhardt -