Re: aria-hidden (updates need to implementation guide or spec)

> On Mar 20, 2015, at 5:23 PM, Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com> wrote:
>
>>> The problem in this particular case is exacerbated by the
>>> recommendation that CSS selectors be used on the attribute to control
>>> visual display as it would encourage using aria-hidden="false" rather
>>> than removing the attribute when content is no longer hidden.
>>
>> Is this a hypothetical problem, or do you have a real-world example of someone doing this?
>
> This is actually something that people have been recommending and implementing for quite a while now.
> " 5.  CSS selectors are used to bind aria-hidden and CSS display:none."

Ah that. I thought Birkir was referring to something else.

If display:none stays in sync with aria-hidden=false, as all your examples do, there will never be a problem. We’re just working on clarifying what happens when they don’t: both the authors expectations, and the UAs implementation considerations.

James