RE: aria-rowindex and aria-colindex

What happens if you have several columns in a table that correspond to colspan? Then the values won’t match if aria-colindex is on row instead of gridcell.

From: Alexander Surkov [mailto:surkov.alexander@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 11:59 AM
To: Joanmarie Diggs
Cc: Joseph Scheuhammer; Dominic Mazzoni; Daniel Trebbien; W3C WAI Protocols & Formats
Subject: Re: aria-rowindex and aria-colindex

tables are not different from grids in that means I think so if table is not supposed to have holes then aria-colindex can be hosted by row.

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com<mailto:jdiggs@igalia.com>> wrote:
On 01/13/2015 01:54 PM, Alexander Surkov wrote:
> Anyway if gridcells in the same row are not supposed to have different row
> indexes then aria-rowindex doesn't make sense on gridcell. If gridcells in
> a row won't have holes between each other then aria-colindex can be defined
> on the row. In that case aria-rowindex and aria-colindex would mean a X-Y
> shift of the grid.

Are these properties going to be limited to just grids? Or will they
also apply to the proposed new ARIA table roles (for non-interactive
tables)? If the latter, wouldn't aria-colindex be a property of the cell
and not the row?

--joanie