Re: aria-describedat - Elsevier

Thank you Ted. You should know we are also looking at HTML Details. It has
been implemented in 2 browsers (Webkit and Chrome). Firefox and IE/Edge
have not implemented it yet but Firefox has a bug filed and we are looking
at it.

With Details/Summary we can also take an <iframe> within the details
element and use it to link to remote content either on another server or
in a local file in a EPUB package. I know Elsevier uses EPUB. We also
discussed visibility of details and if we can get FF and Edge to support
it then we have talked about using CSS media quiries to hide the content
unless the user turns on a feature in the host OS platform that would
trigger a media query attribute which would turn on the visibility of the
details element in the book.

What is your strategy for dealing with links when there is no network
connectivity? This question was asked in the requirements gathering
meeting.

Best,
Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger