Re: [REVIEW REQUESTED][ARIA] placeholder

On 6 April 2015 at 18:30, Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com>
wrote:

> I still don’t understand why it makes sense for placeholder to have
> greater priority in the naming calculation than title, because if you have
> a form field that has both a placeholder and a title on it, the browser now
> automatically chooses placeholder as the accessible name.

This can of course change, but what we need to do is look at how
placeholder and title are used in conjunction. If it can be shown that it
makes more sense to use title before placeholder as a fallback acc name,
then we can modify the spec and ask browser implementers to modify existing
implementations.

--

Regards

SteveF