Re: ARIA annotations open issues

On May 8, 2014, at 12:55 PM, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com> wrote:

> From: Christopher Gallello <cgallell@microsoft.com>
>
> The Internet Explorer team has expressed some concerns for this in the past, and they were forced to create ms-aria-flowfrom. I will follow up on what their exact concerns were to see if those concerns apply to this scenario (meeting with them on Thursday). Firefox was able to implement aria-flowto just fine.

IIRC, this is the first I've heard about @x-ms-aria-flowfrom. Michael and Cynthia, do we have any comments from IE team on the ARIA 1.0 spec related to this? How long ago was this implemented?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh969157.aspx

Chris and Cynthia, please track down the reason for this addition. Is it because the team wanted a one-to-many relationship where the auto-calculated inverse relationship is easier to track as one-to-one? Is it a performance-related implementation detail?

Thanks.