Re: PFWG-ISSUE-663: Presentational children of some widgets have doclick actions if make presentational who handles the click [ARIA 1.1 Implementation Guide]

Hi, Rich.

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> I just saw this. Please make all posts to the public pfwg list (on cc
> above). This list is member confidential. I seldom look at this list any
> more. I happened to look out here and saw this post. We are supposed to
> operate in the open with the new charter. :-)

If answer is supposed to be on public channel then would it be good to make
ISSUE notification email sent to public list as well? Actually I just
answer email to all not checking for specific addressee.

> Yes, it would solve the problem if we were to expose the item in the tree.
> In fact, we have a requirement that presentational items be exposed if they
> have tabindex applied (are focusable). By exposing a doClick function this
> would map to an API function that allows the AT to click the item. For IA2
> this would be an accessible action - similar to if we had a doClick() on a
> focusable functions.
>

> .... so, if we have clickable children that are marked presentational this
> should be considered an error condition and we should expose the
> corresponding accessible to the AT.

ok, sounds good. How to bring this resolution into the spec?

> Please make sure you make these changes to SVG as well.

do you talk about implementation, right? or something that should addressed
in the spec?