Re: addition of HTML role requirement mappings

Ah. There are several reasons and use cases:

1. ARIA is used for more than just HTML, (e.g. SVG <g role="table">)
2. Some people need to retrofit tablular data on existing sites that do not use <table> (e.g. <div role="table">)
3. The 1:1 role mapping to HTML is also required for presentation inheritance. (e.g. <table role="presentation">)
4. The 1:1 role mapping will be useful once we add the Element.computedRole interface. PFWG-ISSUE-427

HTH,
James