Re: Credit transfer next steps

On 1 May 2017 at 22:15, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 2017-05-02 02:27, Zach Koch wrote:
>
>> It's not super hard for us to implement (i.e. add support for) inside of
>> Chrome.
>>
> > But the key thing is to have integrators lined up on both sides
> (merchants + payment apps).
>
> It is course your project and headache but AFAICT there is no need
> bringing in
> specific credit-transfer related data in dedicated browser objects if you
> (re)define
> the result of the payment request as "authorization" and leave "execution"
> to a
> subsequent step taking place on the server.

The Payment Request API intentionally does not differentiate between these.
This API is simply an exchange of data between the website and some other
application.

The payment method (in this case Credit Transfer) specifies the the data
models exchanged in the request and the response. Whether the response is a
proof of execution or just authorization is payment method and use case
specific.

> It might be useful knowing that SEPA credit transfers currently are
> non-realtime
> (sometimes takes days) which (IMO) calls for a "receipt" of some kind
> telling that
> the transaction request has been accepted and is "in progress".  I believe
> this
> method can be applied to any push-like scheme, be it realtime or not.  It
> should
> also work for invoice-based schemes (Klarna?) which by definition are not
> realtime.

I think the concept of "real-time" is misunderstood. A card payment is not
real-time in the sense that the money is not instantly available to the
merchant and yet this hasn't proven to be a problem.

This payment method is not specific to a scheme. I suspect the schemes will
define what the business rules are around the different requests and