Re: Credit transfer next steps

On 2017-05-02 02:27, Zach Koch wrote:
> It's not super hard for us to implement (i.e. add support for) inside of Chrome.
 > But the key thing is to have integrators lined up on both sides (merchants + payment apps).

It is course your project and headache but AFAICT there is no need bringing in
specific credit-transfer related data in dedicated browser objects if you (re)define
the result of the payment request as "authorization" and leave "execution" to a
subsequent step taking place on the server.

It might be useful knowing that SEPA credit transfers currently are non-realtime
(sometimes takes days) which (IMO) calls for a "receipt" of some kind telling that
the transaction request has been accepted and is "in progress".  I believe this
method can be applied to any push-like scheme, be it realtime or not.  It should
also work for invoice-based schemes (Klarna?) which by definition are not realtime.

In fact, I believe the existing payment API can do this right out of the box!

Anders