Re: Concerns about Core Messages specification

On 07/20/2016 05:31 AM, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> At this point, I believe it is premature for this group to publish
> such a document given that we are still finalizing the browser APIs
> and the HTTP APIs and that both of these are evolving independently.

The HTTP API spec has a normative dependency on the Core Messages spec.
Publishing the HTTP API spec without also publishing the Core Messages
spec would result in the HTTP API spec not having a normative definition
of the messages used in the spec.

Even if the group doesn't end up aligning the messages between the specs
we're creating, we still need to publish Core Messages because the HTTP
API spec depends on it.

We can address your concern by adding an issue marker to the spec before
we publish it (you choose the wording that would work best for you).

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: The Web Browser API Incubation Anti-Pattern
http://manu.sporny.org/2016/browser-api-incubation-antipattern/