Re: New payment method draft

I will say that it seems really confusing for the payment method specific data field to have its own total_fee property, when the payment request itself defines a clear way to provide a total.

It would be good to understand why you feel a separate property is necessary: it appears from the spec total_fee is “the total amount of an order”, which is already supported. I would be very discouraged if every payment method felt it should have its own custom total property.