Re: linked

From: Lorrie Cranor <lorrie@cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:03:12 -0500
Cc: 'public-p3p-spec' <public-p3p-spec@w3.org>
To: Giles Hogben <giles.hogben@jrc.it>

On Feb 16, 2004, at 4:59 AM, Giles Hogben wrote:

> Some comments:
> 1. I don't think the requirement that it be stored as a particular
> database
> record is valid. I think that linkability should be described
> independently
> of the technical architecture used. This is why I tried to describe it
> in
> terms of the intentions and proportionality.

This actually goes to the heart I what I was trying to do... I wanted
to define "linkable" independently of technical architecture but define
"linked" more narrowly. So far I haven't come up with an example of an
architecture in which we would want to say that data is linked and does
not involve either triggering a database retrieval or storage. Perhaps
you have an example?

> 2. You do not mention the use of referers to link cookies together.

I will add that.

> 3. I think the examples given are simpler than those I gave.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Lorrie