Re: BDS in XML Schema

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 13:01:16 -0400
To: "Giles Hogben" <giles.hogben@jrc.it>
Cc: <public-p3p-spec@w3.org>

On Friday 02 May 2003 05:36, Giles Hogben wrote:
> I attach an xslt for converting policies expressed in XSD format back to
> the old format. It is quite short actually. The one which would be almost
> impossible to do would be converting new schemas back to old schema
> format. But having thought this one over, I came to the conclusion that
> no-one would want to do such a thing. If they have written a schema in
> the new format, nobody will need it in the old format since that was
> pretty much useless in any case. Am I right?

I think so, and the transform works for me!

<DATA-GROUP>
&#xA0;&#xA0;            <data ref="#dynamic.clickstream"><CATEGORIES>
<demographic/> </CATEGORIES></data>
&#xA0;&#xA0;            <data ref="#dynamic.clickstream.hhhh"><CATEGORIES>
<haemographic/> </CATEGORIES></data>
&#xA0;&#xA0;            <data ref="#dynamic.http.xyz"/>
</DATA-GROUP>