RE: P3P beyond HTTP

From: <Patrick.Hung@csiro.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:16:30 +1000
To: public-p3p-spec@w3.org

Hi Rigo,

> Yes, the beyond HTTP was already discussed earlier and we didn't wanted
> to preclude other uses. For WSDL, comments from Hugo are pending. I will
> try to get those soon. For SOAP, we might want some help from the XML
> Prot Group in constructing the binding. Perhaps Mark Nottingham is able
> to help us a bit.

That would be great. I will keep on thinking along this line. In fact, I am
on vacation from 29/8 to 7/9. However, I will try my best to attend next
week's P3P call.

> I think it is definitely a good idea to look into WSDL bindings. Isn't
> this what is already contained in the Task Force WD?

Yes, you are right. However, I think that we should polish the content in a
format that can be merged into the P3P 1.1 spec.

> We still have to discuss advantages and disadvantages of having a
> standalone document vs. integration into the 1.1 Spec (e.g. conformance)

I am looking forward to discussing with you on Sept 9. Have a nice trip.

Cheers,

Patrick.