Re: Grouping Statements Proposal

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 09:13  AM, Matthias Schunter wrote:

> Hi!
>
> The proposal looks good. Once Jerry contacts me, I'll work with him to
> resolve the remaining issues. Some initial ideas/remarks:
> - the opt-in or opt-in elements inside all elements of an
> opt-in/out-out group where included
>   to preserve backward compatibility of the semantics.

Yes, that's what I remember too. But the problem still occurs as to
what to do if people violate this rule. I think we need to define how
to handle this error case.

> - The issue of the OURS/CURRENT may be resolved by defining that they
> cannot be included in an
>   opt-in/opt-out group.

I think we may need to include them, but perhaps we can define that the
opt-in/opt-out doesn't apply to them.

> - Does it makes sense to use "required" instead of "no-group" or do
> you envision that with
>   consent="no-group", one can nevertheless have opt-in's and out's
> inside?

I was envisioning the "no-group" would indicate a mix of opt-in's
opt-out's and required, or all required.

Lorrie