W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-p3p-spec@w3.org > April 2003

[Minutes] of the 16 April 2003 WG Call

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 18:21:55 +0200
To: public-p3p-spec@w3.org
Message-ID: <20030416162155.GP4417@localhost>

Minutes

1. Task force reports -- chairs please be prepared to explain the plan
   you have for your TF and propose milestones
   - P3P beyond HTTP[1] - Joseph Reagle
	   Enumarated participants[2] 
		 Gave a report on work going on and enuermated a lot of questions
		 like: where does it belong? Web Services, Soap or rather P3P
		 distinguishing P3P statements
		 a lot of people taking a statement and give it with the third party
		 transfer. 
		 From those questions we get a lot of input for requirements for
		 future versions. See the page of the taskforce[3]
		 Lorrie asked for the XML P3P tag

	   + Relationsship with Liberty Alliance. Danny already received email
		   but hasn't responded yet. 
		   Joseph: This is a potential use-case. 
		 ACTION: Lorrie follow up with Liberty Alliance

   - User agent behavior - Lorrie Cranor
	   Lorrie reported: Planning on having a call on next Monday (see
		 meetings page[4] ) There are the terms presented and now the
		 translation of the elements from XML to english has to be reviewed. 
		 Discussion about holiday..
		 ACTION: everybody, please be sure to copy rigo@w3.org on every
		 meeting arrangement to update the meeting-page[4]
		 
   - Compact policies - Brian Zwit
	   Mail from Brian, but nothing new
		 
   - Article 10 vocabulary issues - Giles Hogben
     Diana is not available for the moment. Planned to meet with Giles,
		 Diana Rigo, probably teleconf, so people from outside EU could join
		 in. It will be sometime in May. 
	 
   - Agent and domain relaitonships - Jack Humphrey
	   Haven't had teleconf, put up one for next week. Try to find some
		 useful terminology to know what we are talking about. Try to find
		 which problems we want to solve. 

		 Jack wanted feedback from anybody outside that want to contribute 
		 to the TF. He will send email to public-p3p-spec and public-p3p
		 
   - Consent choices - Matthias Schunter
	   no feedback yet

		 
   - Converting P3P data schema to XML schema - Giles Hogben
     written of specification on how it would look in xsd and also wrote
		 XSLT to transform old dataschema into xsd. 
		 Had problems transforming categories. Jo asked whether it could be
		 an attribute. But this did not satisfy Giles. He wanted to have an
		 XML-tree to represents. 

		 Questions: is it allright to use the semantic user as category and
		 put a subcategory name.
		 Are one or more categories allowed or are more categories allowed?
		 
	 
   - Signed P3P policies  - Giles Hogben [also note charter change]
	   We need more justification why we would need that work.
		 
		 ACTION: rigo update charter and determine what this group is
		 supposed to do together with Danny and Giles. 

		 Joseph: you need a place to stick the signature and you need to be
		 clear about the meaning of that signature. I've written that note
		 http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-p3p-profile/

		 The third party can better determine whether it is secured .
		 Question: should to PRF or the policy should be signed? We probably
		 need both. 

		 Action: giles rigo, provide some justification and usecase. 
		 

2. Review current bugzilla [5] list (141, 144, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171,
   172, 173, 174, 178)
   - Please register for bugzilla [5] -- You can use the interface at
   http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/query.cgi to get a list of all P3P
   open issues

   	Lorrie gave a short overview. Many people already registered

3. Set date of next conference call (April 23 or 30?)

  Next call will be 30 April 2003, more information on the meetings page

  1. http://www.w3.org/P3P/2003/04-beyond-http.html
  2. http://www.w3.org/P3P/2003/03-tf.html#beyond
  3. http://www.w3.org/P3P/2003/03-binding.html
  4. http://www.w3.org/P3P/Group/Specification/1.1/meetings.html
  5. http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/reports.cgi?product=P3P&output=most_doomed&links=1&banner=1
-- 
Rigo Wenning            W3C/ERCIM
Policy Analyst          Privacy Activity Lead
mail:rigo@w3.org        2004, Routes des Lucioles
http://www.w3.org/      F-06902 Sophia Antipolis
Received on Wednesday, 16 April 2003 12:22:02 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 17 March 2004 17:46:23 EST