Re: Review of the Syntax document (action 312)

On 30 Mar 2009, at 11:25, Ivan Herman wrote:

> Hi Boris,
>
> Boris Motik wrote:
>>
> [snip]
>> Thus, instead of putting the annotations inside the 'Declaration'
>> terminal, you
>> just put them into the 'Class' terminal.
>>
>> I guess the biggest question here is whether we care about the fact
>> that FSS
>> would seem to slightly diverge from the SS: currently FSS uses the
>> 'Declaration'
>> terminal that seems to match with the Declaration UML class in the
>> SS.
>>

> I had another, more procedural argument this morning: we should not
> change things at this late stage of the game, unless there is a real
> bug. So it was actually not appropriate from me to ask any kind of a
> change during review last week-end:-(

And there are other issues. This would make "Class" an axiom as well
as an entity.

I share the impulse to make small fixes, but I also agree that what
is, in essence, a *stylistic* change is a matter of "oh well".

In my current hand authoring in OWL/XML, the "Declaration" syntax
hasn't been a big deal.