Re: Possible incorrect test case (?)

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 12:11, Antoine
Zimmermann<antoine.zimmermann@deri.org> wrote:

> I've browsed the test cases and observed a possible mistake in one of them.
>
> [ Test WebOnt-Restriction-005, Proposed (2009-06-08) [1]. ]

> Now, unless I misinterpreted the RDF/XML syntax, I conclude that O1 entails
> O2, but the test says "negative entailment".

> Am I missing something?

No, I believe you are correct.  In WebOnt, this was approved as a
negative entailment OWL Full test.  I think that this is an entailment
that holds under the OWL 2 Direct Semantics but does not hold under
the RDF-Based semantics.

There was a wg thread in Jan titled "The definition of entailment in
the Direct Semantics document" that touched on this issue as well.

Thanks for noticing this, I will split the test in two and update the
meta-data accordingly.
--
Mike Smith

Clark & Parsia