Re: need a list of systems parsing OWL2 RDF/XML

On 29 Jul 2009, at 20:28, Sandro Hawke wrote:

>> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 14:20, Alan
>> Ruttenberg<alanruttenberg@gmail.com> wrot
>> e:

>>> What are they using for parsers? Given the setup with P4 as example,
>>> my expectation would have been that they both use the OWLAPI to the
>>> parsing.
>>
>> Pellet supports parsing OWL 2 RDF/XML from either its OWLAPI or
>> Jena interfac
>> es.
>
> Good to hear.  When using the Jena interface, you're saying Pellet has
> its own complete implementation of the mapping-to-rdf spec?

I presume that what you are talking about is the mapping from RDF
graphs to the OWL structural specification. It is perhaps worth
pointing out that conformant OWL 2 tools are not in any way obliged
to implement this mapping -- they are only obliged to take OWL
ontologies in RDF/XML syntax as input and correctly compute certain
inferences. They could do this by operating directly on the triples,
by translating into some other formalism, by magic, or whatever -- it
doesn't matter so long as they give the correct answers.

The mapping is simply a way to define the relationship between the
RDF/XML syntax and OWL structures, which on the one hand is used to
define the direct semantics and on the other hand is used to define
document conformance (a conformant DL document is one that *could* be
correctly parsed using this mapping).

Ian