RE: Possibly wrong use of RL-theorem in the Conformance spec

I always understood theorem TR1 to show a relationship between what was
formerly known OWL 2 RL-DL and OWL 2 RL-Full, i.e. where these two languages
coincide.

>Is it not the case that a direct semantics non-entailment
>where the two ontologies satisfy the conditions in Theorem PR1 is
>also an RDF-based semantics non-entailment?

I have to admit that I have never before thought about this question
(probably due to my original understanding of the theorem as stated above).

Well, hard to tell. The RDF-based semantics definitely provides, in some
situations, additional entailments compared to the Direct Semantics. The
question is whether this is also the case under the restrictions given by
TR1. It would need some careful investigation of the whole semantics to find
this out (or some sudden inspiration for its refutation ;-). The result
would be some sort of "little sister" of the OWL 2 correspondence theorem.

Regrettably, I won't find the time to check this, at least for the remainder
of the CR phase. I have even still to work on the correspondence theorem
itself, where I already know of several bugs that need to be fixed in the
next two weeks (but *this* was always on my schedule at least :).

>Ian

Best,
Michael

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)