Re: Proposed comment for RDF (Re: ACTION-267 DONE)

It works for me (after all, it is the job of a future RDF group to look
at all the details).

I think that explicitly copying this to Jeremy, Martin Durst and to
Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org> might make sense, they might add some
additional info that could be recorded in the thread.

Thanks

ivan

Bijan Parsia wrote:
> How's this to start:
>
> We believe that the hard coded references to XML 1.0 version 2 in:
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/
> and
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/
>
> and to Unicode 3.0 in
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/
> and
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/
>
> are unduly restrictive. We believe that they should normatively refer to
> the latest versions of both standards.
>
> Implementations that do not wish to update to the latest versions of
> those standard could indicate their conformance profile by saying
> "Supports RDF with Unicode 3.0 and XML 1.0 version 2". Since,
> technically speaking, such implementations must(?) reject documents or
> models which, e.g., use characters only in Unicode 5.0 this conformance
> message seems reasonable. It also frees implementations to be conforming
> while accepting such extended documents.
>
> Cheers,
> Bijan.

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153