ACTION-288 Completed (in a different way)

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:24:57 +0000
To: W3C OWL Working Group <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
The University of Manchester withdraws the following last call comment:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2009Jan/0099.html

and requests the working group not add the naming axiom to OWL 2.

In the course of working up spec text for it, I realized that adding
an annotation without clear use guidance (i.e., semantics!) would be
an interoperability harm rather than help. Since I saw several issues
with choice of how to resolve, it's clear that it would potentially
require serious effort by the working group. Given that Manchester
can develop such an annotation (with semantics) effectively outside
the working group, we would prefer not to muddle the waters and
introduce potential interactions at this time.

I apologize for not realizing this earlier, i.e., before making the
comment,.