New topics for NF&R

From: Christine Golbreich <cgolbrei@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 18:31:35 +0100
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, Ian Horrocks <ianh@comlab.ox.ac.uk>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: W3C OWL Working Group <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
To owners of recent responses and all,

Seems that no list of new topics for the NF&R has been drawn at
runtime at the F2F :(. Thus we are now faced to the rather time
consuming and boring task of tracking issues to be added into NF&R,
from the Minutes and the Responses to LC.

I have made a first lexical search on the 74 pages of the Minutes, for
 "NF&R" or "feature", from which I glanned the topics
- SelfRestrictions vs Global restrictions (motivation)
- OWL/XML (small text)
Without context, semantics, and all being not explicitely scribed in
IRC, I'm not sure to be exhaustive.
Note that since NF&R was already extended before the F2F with a
section 3 some topics are already there:
3.1 Functional Syntax
3.2 Normative syntax
3.3 Backward compatibility with RDF
3.4 Surface Differences
   3.4.1 Anonymous Individuals
   3.4.2 Inverse Property Expressions

1) Therefore,  in case I missed it, may owners of responses who point
to the NF&R, please send me now a note saying what is the missing
topic agreed at F2F to be added into the NF&R (or anyone who finds a
missing feature), ?

2) Regarding SelfRestrictions vs Global restrictions, can anyone
provide a real UC to replace UC#3 ?

on IRC record:
alanr: Local reflexivity is more useful than the global reflexivity
ianh: SO we can strenghten the response by saying that local
reflexivity is more useful than the global one

However, we don't have UCs for Selfrestriction together with a
concrete example from a real application real (as required for all
other features) quoted in the references. The example initially
proposed by Michel was finally criticized saying it does not
illustrate Self.