Re: ACTION-264: Discuss imports with Tim Redmond.

From: Timothy Redmond <tredmond@stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 16:56:36 -0800
Cc: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, public-owl-wg@w3.org
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.manchester.ac.uk>

I am not very knowledgeable about XML catalogs but they do look like
exactly the right thing.  In fact it looks like the suggestion goes
beyond my original query.

Without the recommendation though, different tools will probably end
up using different solutions.  While not fatal this is awkward for
sharing between different systems.  Even Protege 3 and Protege 4 have
some of this awkwardness already.

So if XML catalogs make sense I favor the recommendation.

-Timothy