Re: Comments on NF&R

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 23:42:22 +0000
Cc: W3C OWL Working Group <public-owl-wg@w3.org>
To: Christine Golbreich <cgolbrei@gmail.com>

On 9 Feb 2009, at 23:26, Christine Golbreich wrote:

>> I never said it was. I said it was about WHY *this aspect* of the
>> feature. The current text does not explain why this aspect of the
>> feature (unlike the text added to the syntax). I provided text that
>> explains why th,is aspect of the feature, but it was not
>> incorporated in any way.
>
> Could you please summarize in one sentence what you would like to be
> added ?

Sure. I think it should describe the use case of representing multiple
databases/tables or versions thereof as classes and thus the need to
be able to scope keys to classes.

See my earlier email where I explain this in more detail.

[snip]
>  I may answer the rest of your email further point by point. But,
> sometimes like now, I do not answer because  I think it's wiser,
> otherwise it would never end and also bother everybody. Be sure that
> I never ignore comments. I always take all comments into
> consideration when relevant and constructive.

Uhm...but its not clear that you take my comments as relevant or
constructive. Since you often don't respond and sometimes write as if
I didn't make a comment (the email that started this thread is an
example), I don't know whether you are just ignoring or actively
dismissing my comments.

To just take one example, I had an action in November to describe how
I would like the Use cases to be presented:
	http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/actions/240
I discharged it
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008Nov/0023.html

Now my proposal seems lost in the back versions. I've not wavered in
what I prefer but we haven't settled this yet. I'm not saying that you
have to agree, but it's clearly an issue, one raised in good faith, is
relevant, and, I hope, constructive, even if wrong.